Talking to Parents About Their Money is Hard
Listen, somebody is going to cry over socks in this episode, just so you’re prepared. We’re talking about how to have the conversations we need to have to make sure our parents are safe and happy as they age, and in the course of a short thirtyish minutes have at least three Eureka! moments about youthful hubris, parental wisdom, and socks. You don’t want to miss this one, but definitely bring tissues.
You can help make Because Money happen for as little as $1 a month through Patreon. You can also support the show by listening, sending us questions, and giving us those pretty gold star reviews on iTunes, which helps other people looking for great content to find us.
- 4:56 – The gang gets real about talking to their parents about money
- 11:36 – What are the important things for you to know about your parents money?
- 17:30 – What are the expectations around longterm care?
- 21:40 – Separating the money from the feelings
- 26:20 – Using technology as an excuse to start the conversation
- 29:33 – Sandi figures out something huge
- 38:04 – We make resolutions … and Sandi cries
To have a front-row seat for every episode, subscribe in iTunes, SoundCloud, Youtube, by email, or on Twitter.