Better Conversations About Money with Ian McNaughton
We truly believe that real conversations about money have the power to improve how we make decisions about our finances. In this episode, we’re joined by Ian McNaughton, a seasoned coach and communications expert, to learn how to get better at having those conversations.
Because Money is one of only a handful of ad-free financial podcasts in Canada, and we want to stay that way. You can support our ad-free conversations and become a member of our private Slack community for as little as $10 per month through Patreon.
You can also support the show by sharing it with your friends, rating us on iTunes, or having real conversations of your own.
- 4:12 – Ian talks about the effects of wealth
- 6:48 – Ian talks about how to talk about money between generations
- 21:20 – Ian talks about communicating in the really tough times and how to be with someone in the stress Introducing ‘respectful doubt’ into a conversation
- 30:42 – Ian makes Sandi and Chris cry (the perfect thing to say to someone you love when you can’t communicate about money)
- 44:45 – Ian’s story – wealth, crash, and building something different