Welcome to Parenthood
Listen, It’s impossible to accurately imagine how your life will be different after you welcome a new human into your it, so there’s no such thing as being fully prepared for becoming a parent.
There is, however, such a thing as being prepared for what you know will happen (like the paperwork you’ll need to fill out, and the gotchas to avoid) in order to make it easier to focus on the stuff that completely blindsides you (like the utter insanity of it all or how suddenly and fiercely you fall in love with your new human).
Because Money is one of only a handful of ad-free financial podcasts in Canada, and we want to stay that way. You can support our ad-free conversations and become a member of our private Slack community for as little as $10 per month through Patreon.
You can also support the show by sharing it with your friends, rating us on iTunes, or having real conversations of your own.
- 1:22 – Parenthood, uncertainty and unsatisfyingly true answers
- 14:19 – What to think about in the year before the birth
- 17:20 – Financial tools that people think are useful (like RESPs)
- 27:30 – Making sure to check for Income tested benefits
- 29:50 – CHILDCARE. IT’S EXPENSIVE… so what do you even do?
- 37:00 – John speaks with Sandi’s voice about how society has it way wrong