RESPs are Between 3 and 24 Percent Complicated
We’ve been angling to get our friend MYD on the show for a long time. If you don’t remember, he’s the nice guy who offered to convert the show to audio and list it in all the podcast places before Season Three,
Well, we still haven’t managed to get him on the show, but here’s the next best thing: we asked him what he wanted us to talk about, and he sent us a long list of questions to answer about RESPs. There are a few 101 questions, lots of 201 questions, and even a few 301 and graduate level ones. Thankfully, we got the list before we recorded the show!
You can help make Because Money happen for as little as $1 a month through Patreon. You can also support the show by listening, sending us questions, and giving us five stars and good reviews on iTunes…you know…if that’s a thing you do.
A huge thank you to our newest patrons Beau and Gigi for making the Because Money world go ’round.
- 2:14 – Family Plan vs Individual Plan
- 5:28 – RESPs Basics and Terminology
- 14:09 – Why Scholarship Trust Funds are the absolute worst
- 20:02 – For gifted children is there a lower age limit to RESP withdrawals?
- 22:02 – What happens if you want to open an RESP later in life?
- 26:00 – What’s the best way to set up an RESP for a child that isn’t related to you?
- 31:08 – What if there’s a falling out between the subscriber and beneficiary?
- 34:54 – What happens to an RESP if you die before the child is ready for the money?
- 41:30 – Where should I go to open an RESP?
- 51:33 – How should you change your asset allocation over the lifecycle of an RESP?
To have a front-row seat for every episode, subscribe in iTunes, SoundCloud, Youtube, by email, or on Twitter.