David O’Leary and John from Burlington: One of these guys is going to change the world
You don’t want to miss the story of how David O’Leary started out as an English Literature major, got into the market as a newbie leveraged investor just before the 2000 tech bubble burst, went bankrupt and became a fund analyst at Morningstar, met his wife, decided to change the world, and started a financial planning company. You really, really don’t. Trust us.
You can help make Because Money happen for as little as $1 a month through Patreon. You can also support the show by listening, sending us questions, and giving us those pretty gold stars on iTunes.
As a special treat (for a given value of “special” and “treat”) we’re going to show our Patrons (and only our Patrons) the screenshot that made this episode an audio-only one.
- 1: 20 – David’s Origin Story
- 7:55 – What David learned by being going bankrupt at 22
- 10: 51 How to protect yourself against a market crash
- 17:25 – Chris talks about his therapist
- 24:50 – Why John from Burlington won’t beat the market
- 29:49 – Is the bad advice that come from banks the employee’s fault?
- 39:50 – How to financially plan based on the causes and values you support
- 48:00 – What is impact investing?
To have a front-row seat for every episode, subscribe in iTunes, SoundCloud, Youtube, by email, or on Twitter.