The One Where Shannon Lee Simmons is Amazing
If you’ve never met Shannon Lee Simmons before, hold onto your hat, because there’s no one else like her. Founder of The New School of Finance, and author of the book Worry Free Money, Shannon joins Sandi and Chris to talk about how her family talked about money growing up, what the birds and the bees have to do with spending decisions, and why that Ikea Story had to open the book.
You – for real – do not want to miss this.
You can help make Because Money happen for as little as $1 a month through Patreon. You can also support the show by listening, sending us questions, and giving us those pretty gold stars on iTunes.
- 2:15 – How did Shannon grow up talking about money
- 10:13 – How to tell your friends you don’t want to spend $80 on dinner
- 14:24 – The words that matter in finance – safe and happy
- 20:40 – How to build habits of self reflection
- 32:15 – Curing the problem of financial struggle… instead of just treating it
- 35:10 – Professional vulnerability… how to be an expert while bearing your soul.
- 42:31 – Letting go of past mistakes